Wednesday, February 08, 2006

New Link

I've added a new link under "Orthodox Blogs" to Huw Raphael. In the past, I've linked a number of fascinating discussions on his blog. (I posted that link on Saturday, but technical difficulties erased the link and the post annoucing it.)

BTW, for those concerned: Huw takes a balanced view to Orthodoxy, which I find compatible with my own. However, he also expresses his political views on his blog, some of which I agree with, some not. If you cannot possibly handle reading anything that might conceivably offend you, you might look elsewhere.

Incidentally, why is every pro-Western Rite who attends a Byzantine parish also a pro-Confederate paleocon? :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric John said...

I'm not a pro-Confederate paleocon. I prefer monarchy.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Huw Richardson said...

I have not figured that out... I'm a monarchist as well, although in the absence of a decent head on which to place a crown (I think the Queen of Denmark would be a good choice) I'll settle for Confederacy.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Fr. Matthew said...

Hmm. I don't know if I would consider myself a "pro-Confederate paleocon," but I would like to think that I have a greater appreciation for Southern history and culture than your average non-Southerner. One of the advantages of a college education in the South...

6:25 PM  
Blogger D. Benedict Andersen OSB said...

Sorry, I don't understand the whole Confederate thing. I'm just an evil, god-forsaken Yankee. I was born that way ;-)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ben Johnson said...

Guys, thanks for the comments.

Eric and Fr. Matthew, no offense. I had Ari and Huw in mind, since they're the only ones who regularly talk about politics. I'm glad to see the pro-WRO blogosphere is growing large enough for me to lose track, though. :)

Eric, look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Huw, I figured I was safe calling you pro-Confederate, since you say in your profile you're living in the "CSA." (Sorry, I couldn't find that on a map.) :)

BJA, I don't get the "Lost Cause," either, and I had ancestors who fought for it. (I also had other ancestors who killed those ancestors.)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

I'd think most traditional Christians would have "paleo" politics of at least *some* variety.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home