Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Late Congratulations for a New WR Priest

Fr. Matthew Thurman graduating from Holy Cross.
Although he made the announcement some time ago, I've been derelict in keeping tabs on my friend's progress: Fr. Matthew Thurman has recently graduated from Holy Cross and has been assigned to serve St. Columba's Orthodox Church in Denver. The parish serves the Western Rite Liturgy of St. Tikhon under the Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate. I know from our previous discussions that serving the Western Rite was his heart's desire: Deo gratias that it was granted.

And now, to indulge my irrepressibly mischievious side, I give you -- this (because I can't resist). To be sung to the tune of the old Oreo commercial jingle:

Who's that priest with the Holy Cross diploma,
Looking more Hellenic than he did in Oklahoma?
It's hard to hide your Western side, Fr. Thurman,
At St. Columba's!
(Hanging my head in shame.)
Fr. Thurman, my deepest heartfelt congratulations.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Michel said...

Wud you prefer to see him in a training pant & jogging shoes, "happy clappy" dancing around the Altar there with a pop-art or Andy Warrol-like icon above his head?

Well, well, ok, I can fix this for you, I can make some picture rework if you don't like him vested that way
:-))

yups, congratulation to the new priest - ad multos annos

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home