Thursday, June 22, 2006

Corpus Christi Central


Our friend Huw has a large array of sermons, antiphons, hymns, propers, and meditations on his blog in honor of the Feast of Corpus Christi.

Here's an appropriate hymn he missed:

O Godhead hid, devoutly I adore Thee,
Who truly art within the forms before me;
To Thee my heart I bow with bended knee,
As failing quite in contemplating Thee.

Sight, touch, and taste in Thee are each deceived;
The ear alone most safely is believed:
I believe all the Son of God has spoken,
Than Truth's own word there is no truer token.

God only on the Cross lay hid from view;
But here lies hid at once the Manhood too:
And I, in both professing my belief,
Make the same prayer as the repentant thief.

Thy wounds, as Thomas saw, I do not see;
Yet Thee confess my Lord and God to be:
Make me believe Thee ever more and more;
In Thee my hope, in Thee my love to store.

O thou Memorial of our Lord's own dying!
O Bread that living art and vivifying!
Make ever Thou my soul on Thee to live;
Ever a taste of Heavenly sweetness give.

O loving Pelican! O Jesu, Lord!
Unclean I am, but cleanse me in Thy Blood;
Of which a single drop, for sinners spilt,
Is ransom for a world's entire guilt.

Jesu! Whom for the present veil'd I see,
What I so thirst for, O vouchsafe to me:
That I may see Thy countenance unfolding,
And may be blest Thy glory in beholding. Amen.

Thanks, Huw.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Huw Richardson said...

Thanks for the link... this is one of my Favourite feasts and I'm glad to have it back in my liturgical life this year. Thanks to the WRV!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

Did you get that pic from Traditio?

8:25 PM  
Blogger Ben Johnson said...

Huw, thanks again for posting those texts.

IG, I got it online. I don't have the graphic talent to do something like that myself. :(

God bless,
Ben

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home