Friday, June 20, 2008

Another Reason to Read the KJV's New Testament

With all the discussion of Bible versions online recently (read: since the release of the Orthodox Study Bible), I genuinely thought this was a parody for awhile. We've discussed other advantages of the KJV's New Testament before. I wouldn't agree with this preacher's statement that God "wrote" the King James Version word-for-word, and his Biblical numbers-system is loopy. But beneath it all, he makes a valid point. Not exactly the way I would have made it, but...well...it's memorable. And colorful.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Blogged about this here: http://leitourgeia.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/i-wonder-what-the-editors-of-the-orthodox-study-bible-do/

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jnorm said...

I tried to defend the OSB over at Amazon.com, but I have to be careful. For I really don't want to ruffle any feathers. So I edited my post.....twice.






JNORM888

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home