Thursday, August 03, 2006

Name the One Book

Pastor Weedon has tagged me for another meme about books. Your comments are solicited, especially if I've missed anything:

1. One book that changed your life:
The Orthodox Church (and The Orthodox Way) by Fr. Timothy/Bp. KALLISTOS Ware.

2. One book you've read more than once:
I'm such a bibliophile, it's rare for me to read all the books on my list, much less reread anything. However, I've read The Conferences by St. John Cassian a number of times. It's one of my favorite patristic writings, and indeed one of my favorite spiritual writings of any time.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
How to Survive on a Desert Island.

Actually, didn't I already do this? If the Bible is not given to you, then the Bible (Douay-Rheims version). If so, The Monastic Diurnal.

4. One book that made you laugh:
Since I was scolded the last time I mentioned him: Up From Liberalism by William F. Buckley Jr. ("I also like the humor; it's a very funny magazine." -- Tom Selleck.) Unfortunately, it's been too long since I've laughed while reading a book. :(

5. One book that made you cry:
Oh, Pastor Weedon may not own up to it, but OK...the only one I can remember is Where the Red Fern Grows. And I didn't even like dogs. Look, I was a child, OK??

6. One book that you wish had been written:
Why I Banned the Novus Ordo "Mass" and Returned my Sheep to the Fulness of the Orthodox Church by Pope John Paul II.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
(I'm tempted to tag Inquisitor just to see how he'll deal with this one.)

The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels.

Honorable mentions: Mein Kampf; Holy Blood, Holy Grail; The Passover Plot; The Late Great Planet Earth (How's that for a quartet?)

8. One book you’re currently reading:
I'm not currently reading; I'm currently typing.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The Organic Development of the Liturgy: The Principles of Liturgical Reform and Their Relation to the 20th Century Liturgical Movement Prior to the Second Vatican Council – Dom Alcuin Reid.

10. Tag others.
I hate tagging people, because I don't want anyone to feel obligated in any way. I'd suggest these people might have interesting answers (in no particular order):

1. Huw Raphael
2. Ari Adams
3. Fr. Matthew Thurman
4. Inquisitor Generalis (rubbing hands in glee)

In fact, I think I'm going to go over to Ely Forum and "tag" Fr. Michael right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home