Wednesday, April 26, 2006

An Invitation to Strife

I'm a bit behind on my e-mail. Checking today, I see I received a message from the Western Rite's most persistent detractor, Derek "Fr. Aidan" Keller. Keller invited me to rejoin his Occidentalis group in order to reply to his seven-part message about me. Reportedly, he told his group "it seemed like the right thing to do."

When did he decide to do the right thing? The day after I started posting my response on this blog. A week after he unsubscribed me so I could not reply to his posts, nor even read them. What a stand-up guy....

I've already responded fully on this blog. I have no desire to wrangle endlessly with a self-professed "expert" who demonstrably has no competence in either history or liturgy, and who is dedicated to spreading and perpetuating known lies about (legit) Orthodox clergy, laity, jurisdictions, liturgies, and practices. I intend to do all I can to avoid discussing him and his various calumnies on this blog from here on out, answering those myths that percolate up from his source as they arise. The wise have been warned.

Keller's unpleasant interlude was a lenten penance; only a fool would unnecessarily prolong answering ludicrous objections at the price of his paschal joy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home